Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Baby Rhymetime 9th March 2016

Opening Song: Hello Song* 

Welcome song* 

Bubble Song  
I blew bubbles
Everybody look at me. 
Pretty bubbles you will see.
Red and green and yellow, too, 
Floating through the air for you.
Will they break before they land? 
Can you catch one in your hand.

Two Little Blackbirds
Two little blackbirds sitting on a wall
(hold both hands up)
One named Peter, one named Paul
(wave one hand, then the other)
Fly away Peter! Fly away Paul!
(move each hand behind your back)
Come back Peter! Come back Paul!
(bring each hand back to the front). 

Mother and father and Uncle John
Mother and father and Uncle John
Went to town one by one.
Mother fell off
Dip baby to left
And father fell off
Dip baby to right

But Uncle John went on and on and on...
Bounce baby quickly up and down. 

I'm A Little Teapot 
I'm a little teapot short and stout
Here is my handle and here is my spout  
When I get all steamed up then 
I shout "Tip me over and pour me out!" 

Pussy Cat
Pussy cat, pussy cat
Where have you been?
I have been to London
To visit the queen.
Pussy cat, pussy cat
What did you there?
I frightened a little mouse
under the chair. 

Going to Kentucky
Bounce baby
Oh' we're going to Kentucky
We're going to the fair
To see the pretty ladies
With the flowers in their hair

Shake it baby shake it!
Shake it if you can
Shake it like a milkshake
and shake it once again

Roll it to the bottom
Roll it to the top
Turn around and turn around
until I holler STOP!  

Pat-a-cake
Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake
Pat hand or clap rhythm
Baker's man
Bake me a cake just as fast as you can
Pat it and roll it and mark it with B
Trace the letter B in baby's palm
And put it in the oven for baby and me.

Bounce, tickle and hug
Bounce baby
I bounce you here,
I bounce you there,
I bounce you, bounce you, everywhere!
Tickle baby
I tickle you here,
I tickle you there,
I tickle you, tickle you everywhere!
Hug baby
I hug you here, 
I hug you there,
I hug you, hug you everywhere!

Dancing Scarves
(sing to "Looby Loo")
Here we go up and down
Here we go up and down
Here we go up and down
Watching our scarves dance

Other verses
...side to side...
...front to back...
...fast and slow...
I gave each child a scarf to do with the rhyme.

CLOSING SONG: Goodbye song* 


All songs, rhymes etc which are repeated every week are marked with an* and can be found at the following address:


No comments:

Post a Comment