Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Railway Children by E.Nesbit

The Railway children was written by E. Nesbit and published by Puffin books in 1906, and is now a very popular book and movie. In the book the three main characters, Roberta, Peter and Phyllis live with their mum and dad in a house in England. One day their dad is taken away; but where to? because of this the children are forced to move away with their mum. The book relates to the "explore" theme very well because you get to explore what it was like in England a long time ago. Plus the characters have to explore the railway and thir new home. My favourite part was when the children rescued a boy called Jim from the tunnel over the railway. i liked this part because Jim was an interesting character. However Peter is my favourite character because he is quite similar to me. One of my favourite things was that it was so realistic! I could almost feel myself being brought into the story. I recommend this book for as soon as you can read books like this because it is awesome. Readers aged 6+ should like this book. I've heard that there is a movie too, but I think you should read this great book first. Now as soon as you get a chance, read The Railway Children!!!Because I'm not kidding when i say it's extremely good! Reviewed by Stephen Aged 8

No comments:

Post a Comment