Sunday, April 1, 2012

Book Review : Rocks, Minerals and Gemstones by Henry Russel

I've always been fascinated by rocks. The way they glitter and sparkle, but I never took it seriously. Then I borrowed a book from Mittagong Library called "Rocks, Minerals and Gemstones" by Henry Russel. This book helped me to identify what was a black pebble made of. THis book changed the way I saw Rocks. It was very interesting to read how the Earth's different layers create lots of different types of rocks. They are all so beautiful. With this book I found out that my pink rock is Rose Quartz, my lump of heavy glittery stuff is Iron Pyrite, my mind tricking rock is and Eye of a Tiger andmy purple shard is an Amethyst.

This book has me me want to travel the work and collect all the minerals, rocks and gemstones and have a huge colelction of my own. I'd love to be a leading Geologist.

This book has made me think about my future.

Reviewed by Alek

No comments:

Post a Comment