Monday, July 8, 2013

Baby Storytime 27th June 2013

BABY STORYTIME PROGRAM 27/6/13

OPENING SONG: Hello Song*

OPENING ACTION RHYME: Open Them Shut Them*

Book: Red Panda's toffee apples

Magnetic board activity: Brown Bear, Brown Bear what did you see

Finger play: Two little blackbirds
Two little blackbirds sitting on a hill, Put 2 forefingers and thumb on each shoulder to represent birds.

One named Jack.
Hold out one set of fingers.

One named Jill.
Hold out the other set of fingers.

Fly away, Jack.
Place one hand behind back.

Fly away, Jill.
Place other hand behind back.

Come back, Jack.
Return one hand to its shoulder.

Come back, Jill.
Return the other hand to its shoulder.

Bounce, tickle and hug
I bounce you here, I bounce you there,
(bounce child on knees)
I bounce you, bounce you, everywhere.
I tickle you here, I tickle you there,
(gently tickle child)
I tickle you, tickle you, everywhere.
I hug you here, I hug you there,
(hug child)
I hug you, hug you, everywhere!

Rain rain go away
Rain, rain go away
Come again another day.
Rain, rain go away
Little Johnny wants to play.

Rain, rain, go to Spain,
Never show your face again!


Mother and Father and Uncle John
Mother and Father and Uncle John,
(bounce)
Went to town one by one,
Mother fell off,
(sway to one side)
Father fell off
(sway to other side)
But Uncle John went on and on...
(Bounce baby quickly up and down)
 
I hear thunder
(Hold hands to ears listening)
Hark don't you? Hark don't you?
Pitter, patter raindrops,
Pitter, patter raindrops,

(Hand twinkling raindrops)
I'm all dry, so am I

I hear thunder, I hear thunder.

(Repeat hands to ears)
Hark don't you? Hark don't you?
Pitter, patter raindrops,
Pitter, patter raindrops,

(Hand twinkling raindrops)
I'm wet through. So are you.


A farmer went trotting
A farmer went trotting upon his gray mare,
(Bounce baby on lap)
With his daughter behind, so rosy and fair
Then a duck cried out "Quack"
(Lift baby up)
And they all tumbled down
(Put baby back down on your lap)

Clap your hands
Clap your hands, clap them so
Make it fast,make it slow
Clap up high, clap down
Clap your hands like me


Jack be nimble
Jack be nimble,
Jack be quick,
Jack jump over

(lift baby up high)
The candle stick

(bring baby back down)

CLOSING SONG:
Goodbye Song*

All songs, rhymes etc which are repeated every week are marked with an* and can be found at the following address:
http://wingecarribeekidszone.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/baby-storytime-at-bowral-library.html
 


 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment