Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dog by Daniel Pennac

Dog is by Daniel Pennac and is a tragic story about an abandoned dog called Dog. Dog has lived in a junkyard his whole life. One day a little girl, Plum, saves Dog and takes him home where she feeds him and cares for him. Plum's family goes on vacation and takes Dog with them. When they stop to refill their gas and stretch their legs, Dog gets lost and they accidently leave him behind. Eventually Dog and Plum reunite because Dog walks all the way home. I loved this book because it showed how much dogs can love their owner. One part of the book that made me cry was when dog got left behind because Daniel Pennac told you about Dog's despair. The other part that made me cry was when Dog reunited with Plum, it was a love-filled moment and made me cry with happiness. I would recommend this book for girls, aged 9 to 11 years old, that love animal books Reviewed by Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment